Friday, June 20, 2008

Sing

One of the rooster's AMAZING teachers from last school year heard we found ourselves with no one to watch him on Wednesday. She offered to watch him. He lit up when he saw her coming, and they greeted one another with their special coyote howls before heading off to the Farmer's Market for fruit and fun. They had hoped to ride the nearby trolley, but found it out of service. Undaunted, they got creative. "We called people on the cell phone and sang to them."

I love this teacher, colleague, friend. (She refused to let me pay her and hid from me afterward to avoid me foisting cash upon her. I'm trying to think of a sneak attack thank you of some sort.)

I also love the rooster's version of Frosty the Snowman, song of choice right now. It goes like this:

Frosty the snowman
Had a very jolly soul,
With a cob cornpipe
And a button nose
And two eyes made out of cold!

It cracks me up every time.

Awhhhooooh! Ahahawhooooohh!

1 comment:

Niksmom said...

Man, SHE sounds like a gem! Don't you just love it when someone totally "gets" your son and he knows it?! Maybe she can "train" some others so you can have many more such joyful windows of respite?