Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sun Day

I was kinder to myself this weekend.

Circumstances helped, but I also gave myself permission to read a little fiction, ignore some of the less pressing chores, and worry a little bit less. I feel okay. Not too awful bad, as a girl I knew in high school used to say. Looking at the wreck of my house and the longer to do list on the chalk board, I guess I might pay for it all during the week ahead. But for once I don't end a dreaded weekend by beginning a dreaded week. The weekend was okay.

Lately, that's saying something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its all relative. "Okay" can be good or even great when you are comparing it to awful. You may just have to decide that some chores will only get done periodically. :)

Sustenance Scout said...

It's all a huge juggling act, isn't it? BTW, I mentioned you in my current post on my blog. There are many more mom-writers whose blogs I need to check out; each provides amazing insights into the unique world and life she claims and you're right up there on my list of the most direct and heartfelt. Hugs from Denver, and lots of wishes for a very very OK week. :) K.

Niksmom said...

One day at a time, my friend! My personal strategy involves simply accepting that everything will not get done and then choosing the ones that *must* and letting go of feeling inadequate for not doing it all! Sometimes it actually works...

redheadmomma said...

I think an okay weekend is a wonderful weekend. I am proud of you, so proud!