Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dear Diary

I needed an empty shoe box.

Instead I found an old journal shoved in the back of the closet.

Here is what I took away from that experience:

I never *really* change. Nine years ago I was not so different than I am now. This is both good and bad news, but mostly it surprises me some. I am always thinking about how much parenthood feels like it changed me. I guess it's like that saying... it didn't change me, it just revealed more of who I am. Again, that is both good and bad.

I have always wanted what I have  now. For a while now I've been realizing and considering the significance of this truth -- that I have exactly what I asked for -- but to see it in my own handwriting really illustrates that reality in a more effective way for activating my sense of gratitude.

Journals are so last decade! I am glad I have a blog that I won't lose in the back of my closet. 

No comments: