Thursday, October 11, 2012

There in Spirit

Tonight I am supposed to be at a gathering of moms of kids with autism. I'd been looking forward to it since I read about it online and I was so glad it would be held in my neck of the woods. So why am I not there? For the same reason I want to be there: I have two kids and one has autism and some day it wears me out.

Not so different, my husband asked me why I haven't yet gone back to the doctor about my fatigue. Why? Well, I'm too tired to call the doctor let alone go to the doctor to talk about how tired I am again. Still. Whatever.

These are not complaints. There are real problems in the world. I am fortunate. I recognize my blessings.

I'm just saying this: Sometimes you can't "tackle" everything so you can solve the world. Sometimes you just need to rest to have the oomph to face another day head-on and with appreciation for what you've got.

I'm at the support group in spirit. I'll call the doctor soon.

Good night.  

No comments: