Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cruelest Month

I am no fan of the ninth month. Anniversaries of loss, birthdays of those I've lost. Transitions, tuitions, decisions. Chaotic weather, crazy traffic, confusing paperwork. Lists, chores, to dos. Holidays I never manage to properly celebrate. {guilt} Changes I can't control. {anxiety} People hurling toward me 200 mph from every direction faster than I can duck and cover, with a kaleidoscope of needs. {stress} Attitudes. Dramas. Blech.

And so I have this very tiny, itty bitty, teensy weensy scrap of a plan.

All I can do to face September is this:

Try.

It ain't much, but in this cruelest month it's all I got.

6 comments:

jess said...

september can kiss my arse,

pixiemama said...

It's not my fave, either.

Love.

kim mccafferty said...

Sometimes, that's all we can do...

shelley said...

Don't forget to take deep, slow, deliberate breaths every once in a while.

redheadmomma said...

God, I'm with you for Sept. I'll throw in that the last couple of months of August are like no other stress I encounter all year. No wonder I want to go to Disneyland in Sept! Just to get a BREAK!

bluegingham said...

I use to love September; the excitement of the newness, the fresh start. September to me has always been more "spring" than the actual spring.

However, now as a parent of a autistic child - I totally understand your post. And agree.
We started full-day, full-integrated kindergarten a couple weeks ago. It's not going so well. The adjustment to special-ed preschool took till Christmas break - I wonder how long we will live in hell for the adjustment to this change.