Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Notable and Quotable 2.0, the Interactive Version

Since I am still feeling kind of underground about the new school year and kindergarten, and unable to process it let alone write about it, I thought I'd do a notable and quotable. But since I'm also feeling a little lonely, missing people, what do you say we make a little game of it? ONE of the scenarios below I completely made up. Which one? You tell me. And tell me how you're doing, if you wouldn't mind, because I miss you. Now, let the game begin:

Reminder: Peaches, NT, is three. Rooster, who has autism, is five.

A. Peaches: Our house is old. Can you buy me a new one?

B. Peaches: "Mommy, why did you and daddy have kids?"

C. Rooster: "I say, Bah Humbug. Do you hear me? Bah humbug."

D. Peaches (40 minutes after being tucked in): "MOOMMMMMMY! MOOOOMMMMMY! MMMMMOOOMMMMY! Come here! DADDDDY! Someone come quick! Pull my blanket back up! IT SLIPPED OFF!"

E. Rooster: "Will you please help me hunt for slugs?"

F. Peaches: "Are you happy at me, mommy?"

G. Rooster: "When you die it's going to be just us and daddy."

H. Peaches (about her best friend for the last 2 years): "Mommy, I love Ian. I want him to be in my family. Mommy, at night, when I'm at home, I think about him." (Insert meaningful pause and deep sigh. "I think about him."

I. Rooster: "Ebenezer Scrooge woke up in the inky darkness and saw ghostesess. They showed him a big TV. And on it was HIM!"

J. Peaches: "The queen spoke to him and he said, 'Yes, my highnesses.'"

K. Rooster: "Mommy, mommy! Mommy, I'm learning to READ!!!!!"

L. Peaches: "No more cookies, mommy. I'm all done. Can I have some of your salad?"

5 comments:

Gwyneth said...

I vote for the last one. What sort of crazy kid would give up cookies?

Rooster's quite the literary kid, huh? Like his mama!

pixiemama said...

My bet's on L. I can't see Peaches turning down cookies... then again, she might, just to get your attention and to be able to eat off of your plate!

I'm feeling lonely, too. For me, it's fall. The fire is burning again, and we are tucking ourselves underground for the winter. It's impossible to NOT be lonely.

I can't wait to live somewhere with a less dramatic fall season. I don't need more somber in my life.

love.

Niksmom said...

My guess is the last one. But then, kids have a funny way of surprising us, don't they.

Doing ok over here. Not great but not awful. You know, the usual ups and downs.

redheadmomma said...

I'm going to go with....the slugs. I think you made that one up. I hope you didn't make up the Bah humbug one because that was my favorite :)

jess said...

I'm going with L cause the day that anyone under the age of nine utters that sentence in my house I'll be looking for ice in hell. And fine thanks, you??